Team Based Care
At Third Coast Family Practice we ask for your commitment to our team approach as summarized in the Patient-Provider Partnership Agreement.
We are partners in care as outlined in the Patient-Provider Partnership Agreement
- Extended hours, Same Day appointments and Virtual Visits for your convenience
- 24/7 telephone access to our Providers for Urgent Care needs
- RN Care Manager works with you in-between office visits
- Pharmacist Consultant to ensure maximum safety and benefit from your medications
- Psychiatrist Consultant to advise your Care Team when needed
Preparing for Your Visit
Please bring the following items to every visit:
- Insurance card and photo ID
- Any supplements and/or medications prescribed by other Providers, IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONTAINERS
- A list of questions you want to discuss
- Forms you need completed
- Diaries (food, blood pressure readings, symptom diaries, etc.)
- A trusted friend or family member who cares or advocates for you
All patients have access to a secure Patient Portal. Log into your Portal, and you will be able to see test results, summaries of your visits including your current medication list, and education materials selected for you by our Providers. You can use the portal to contact us to request an appointment or ask a question.
The Portal also gives you access to TeleVisits or Virtual Visits with your provider. When you schedule a Televisit, you will receive an email and a text message with a link. Click on the link to enter the Televisit "waiting room". Additional instructions can be found under Patient Forms.
Hospital/ Lab Whose Test Results Interface with your Patient Portal
- Spectrum Health. Local draw station located at Ludington Hospital.
- Quest Laboratory. Local draw station, 329 N Jebavy, Ludington, MI.
Patient- Family Advisory Council
Any patient is welcome to join the Council and help us improve the patient care experience. Meetings are 6-7:30 pm at Our Savior Lutheran Church, Scottville, MI.
2021 Dates: February 16; May 19; and November 3
If you are a new patient, please download the following New Patient Paperwork packet. We ask that you complete the packet and return it to us. After we obtain your medical records, we will contact you to schedule your first appointment.
Patients are encouraged to contact their insurance to verify that Third Coast Family Practice is Considered an in-network provider for their policy, and to designate Dr. Matheson as their Primary Care Provider.
Aetna Medicare Advantage
Blue Care Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
Humana Choice Care
Medicare Plus Blue (BCBS)
Priority Health Medicaid
Priority Health Medicare
Railroad Medicare/ Palmetto GBA
United Health Care
United Health Care Medicare Advantage
- Answer Health Physician Organization
- BCBS PCMH Designation
- MiHIN, MI Shared Services Network
- CMS CPC Plus Practice Location
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services